Sunday, November 23, 2008

More eventful day..

First I was upset about this....

On Wednesday night water backed up into our garage while I was running the washing machine. Tom heard it and was able to stop the machine before it flooded most of the garage. I submitted a claim to our home warranty. They said someone would contact us in 24hrs. Nobody EVER called... but the water went down and we were able to resume normal things like dishwasher, washing machine, etc.

Well tonight -while DH was out- I started a load of laundry and went & raked the front yard... I'm sure you know where this is going...

my whole garage is soaked...... laundry waiting to be done is soaked.... boxes on the garage floor are soaked... I pinched my finger trying to move something.. I feel like having a meltdown.

I called the emergency home warranty line and they said they are going to try and get someone here within 8hrs. I'm so afraid they are going to come out and find out it's backing up for some reason they won't pay for... ya know warranty restrictions, etc.

The timing is bad...

THEN THIS HAPPENED....


I was sitting here in the basement pouting about the garage when I heard someone ring the door bell and turn the door knob at the exact same time. The door was locked though. I called Tom to ask if it was him. He said it wasn't. I live in a bi-level and so I went to look out the basement window and realized our motion light wasn't on- I couldn't see anyone (I'm thinking this is why they rang and turned knob since it was dark) I walked up the stairs, flipped the light on and looked out. Nobody...

Then I went upstairs and was in my bedroom (on back of the house) I looked out and saw a light in the back corner of the yard. I wondered if the neighbors had a solar light (kind of that color) I shut the blind... opened back up the blind and saw someone running away with a flashlight... he was running up the driveway of the neighbor's house behind us- up to the street......I freaked out!

I called the police. They tried to convince me it may have been a neighbor who had walked to their shed and was running away because they were cold.

YEAH RIGHT... I think they ran away because they saw me looking out my bedroom at them.

Tom arrived home. We went and talked to the neighbors... in the backyard you can see where some of our plants had been squashed from somebody stepping on them.

I'm SOOOOO glad I had locked the front door. Sometimes I'm guilty of leaving it unlocked when I shouldn't.

2 comments:

Justin and Natalie said...

OMG! how creepy!

Joy said...

Holy shit!

And I can't believe the police blew it off! FUCKERS!