Thursday, December 4, 2008

Birth Story

Sorry it's late! (Sorry Trish!!!!!!)

Emma Renee Kissinger
Ok I know everyone said "It's a love like no other" which I believed... but it's 100% undeniably true. She's amazing. Tom has been absolutely amazing with her too. Makes me fall in love with him even more.

I woke up Tuesday at 3:30am having contractions on my own. They were pretty intense by the time I got to the hospital at the scheduled time (6am). I was 4cm & 80% effaced at that point. They hooked me up to pitocin and gave me my epi (which felt amazing- ha) The doctor came in and broke my water and that point "hell broke loose" Her heart rate at that point started falling. Around the 70bpm point I was being turned onto my left side, then right side, then they said "Get on your hands and knees" (Not to mention while numb from the waist down) I literally ripped and clawed my way over. At that point she hit below 40 bpm. They yelled "GET DOWN" They started running to the OR at that point. We left our room, entered the OR and she was out in LESS THAN 3 MINUTES (terrifying minutes). They literally threw me on the other table, threw the tarp in front of my view and started cutting.

She came out screaming. I broke down at that point. Sobbing. I was so relieved. Poor Tom didn't have time to gown up and make it in the room in time- but we're quite OK with that! Getting her out alive is what mattered. Even now when I tell her "birth story" I still almost cry at that point. I can't even describe how scary it was.

She's been doing great ever since. She did get a touch of jaundice which has already cleared up.

8lbs 14.7oz ~ 20 inches
9:31am

I scowl like my Mommy....

3 comments:

Joy said...

well it's about damned time!

She's gorgeous! You all look so happy!
Congratulations!

(Apparently I'm very excited. !.
!!
!!!)

Meghan said...

I am so happy for you! She is just gorgeous! Look just like her mommy!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I'm glad they got her out fast and safely! You look like such a happy little family.